A Brand New, Interactive & Fully-guided Field Trip
Immerse Your Students in the History of WATER
Your students will enjoy discovering how water has changed the area over millions of years. They will play games, handle artifacts and explore activities such as digging a tunnel and building a dam, plus lots more!
Choose from TWO Field Trips:
- Tunnels, Toil & Trouble: Upstate Water and NYC (Best for students grades 4 through 12)
- Explore our interactive exhibit on New York City’s Water Supply System.
- See water contaminants under a microscope, make water dirty and clean it up.
- Learn about watersheds and the importance of clean water.
- Experience the losses of those who had their lands taken to build the water system.
- Water Through History (Best for students grades k through 6)
- Become a Junior Paleontologist and identify fossils of animals that lived here millions of years ago.
- Discover the power of waterwheels for early industries, such as gristmills and sawmills.
- Handle Native and Early American artifacts to discover how they used and transported water.
- Learn about the importance of clean water, and how water can both create and destroy.
Knowledgeable museum educators guide all activities. The program content can be tailored to the interests of a class. All preparatory and follow up materials are included. A lunch area is available – please call for more information.
Length: Approximately 2+ hours
Minimum number of students: 15
Available Tuesday through Friday, all year round.
$5 per student
$4 for Sullivan County Schools!
Teachers and Chaperones – FREE
(1 chaperone needed for every 5-10 students)
Discounted bus transportation available.
The Time and the Valleys Museum
is a living and interactive resource that
preserves the past, educates the present and
ensures the uniqueness of the Rondout and
Located in a new 4,000 sq. ft. facility, the
Museum has three floors of exhibitions, local
history research center and museum shop with
reasonably priced educational items for your
students to help reinforce what they learn!
All program materials require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you can download a copy – free of charge – by clicking on the Get Adobe Acrobat Reader button.
Call 845.985.7700 or e-mail the Museum today to make your reservation!
This new Field Trip Program is made possible in part by the Catskill Watershed Corporation, in partnership with the NYC DEP.
Adult Guided Tours
Educational and interactive guided tours of the Museum’s current exhibitions are available for groups of 15 or more adults. The cost is $4 per person. Call 845 985-7700 for further information or to schedule your tour.