If you’re looking for a reason to get out of the house and shed some of the mid-winter cabin fever – we can help!
You might think that because the Museum is closed for the season we don’t need volunteers … but we do! This is the time of year when we do our exhibit cleaning, records organization, planning programs, updating our educational curriculums and so much more.
We need lots of help during the next few months.
Below is a list of some of the ways “U” can help:
We have an immediate need for volunteers to help us:
- Convert photos and documents to digital format by scanning them so they can be accessible to researchers, exhibits and on-line
- Creating, maintaining and expanding our digital databases through data entry
- Assist us with keeping our website and social media presence up-to-date, fresh and interesting
- Research, collect and compile information for our newest exhibit – A Lost Catskill Farm
In very short order we will also need volunteers to help us:
- Staff our 2018 programs – our first one is in March!
- Perform docent or curriculum educator roles with school and adult groups
- Man the front desk during the 2018 Season (starting Memorial Day Weekend) and help us keep the Museum open on weekends.
These are just a few ways we need help but there are lots more! If you have some free time and would like to help the Museum, please send us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call 845 985-7700. We can set up a time to meet and chat about where you’d like to help out.
We hope to hear from you soon!