Immerse Your Students in the History of WATER
Your students will enjoy discovering how water has changed the area over millions of years. They will play games, handle artifacts and explore activities such as digging a tunnel and building a dam, plus lots more!
Choose from TWO Field Trips:
- Tunnels, Toil & Trouble: Upstate Water and NYC (Best for students grades 4 through 12)
- Explore our interactive exhibit on New York City’s Water Supply System.
- See water contaminants under a microscope, make water dirty and clean it up.
- Learn about watersheds and the importance of clean water.
- Experience the losses of those who had their lands taken to build the water system.
- Visit a 1930s Lost Catskill Farm
- Water Through History (Best for students grades k through 6)
- Become a Junior Paleontologist and identify fossils of animals that lived here millions of years ago.
- Discover the power of waterwheels for early industries, such as gristmills and sawmills.
- Handle Native and Early American artifacts to discover how they used and transported water.
- Learn about the importance of clean water, and how water can both create and destroy.
- Visit a working water wheel on a 1930s Lost Catskill Farm
Knowledgeable museum educators guide all activities. The program content can be tailored to the interests of a class. All preparatory and follow up materials are included. A lunch area is available – please call for more information.
Length: Approximately 2+ hours
Minimum number of students: 15
Available Tuesday through Friday, all year round.
$5 per student
$4 for Sullivan County Schools!
Teachers and Chaperones – FREE
(1 chaperone needed for every 5-10 students)
TUNNELS TOIL AND TROUBLE
How Would You Feel?
Water Supply System History
New York City Water Supply Activity
How New York Gets Its Water
Water Cycle & Clean Water
Activity for Kids
WATER THROUGH HISTORY
Thirstin’s Activity Book (EPA)
Water Cycle & Clean Water
Water Wise Kids Activity Book
Water and the Forests
Healthy Natural Environments
Water for You & Me
Water Use Calculation Activity
All program materials require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you can download a copy – free of charge – by clicking on the Get Adobe Acrobat Reader button.
For More Information: Call 845.985.7700 or e-mail the Museum today to make your reservation!
This Field Trip Program is made possible in part by the Catskill Watershed Corporation, in partnership with the NYC DEP.
Adult Guided Tours
Educational and interactive guided tours of the Museum’s current exhibitions are available for groups of 15 or more adults. The cost is $4 per person. Call 845 985-7700 for further information or to schedule your tour.